Clear Aligners In Harrisdale
Piara Waters Dental is equipped with the most advanced orthodontic appliances available, ensuring that our patients receive high-quality, efficient dental care.
With clear aligners, you can have a straighter, brighter smile!
Crooked teeth, misalignment, and excessive gaps are all common issues that affect both children and adults. While it is primarily a cosmetic concern, it can also be the underlying cause of other dental issues that may harm your oral health.
Dental braces are a popular orthodontic treatment that you may want to consider if you have these problems. Modern dentistry, on the other hand, has advanced. One of the solutions available today to address these issues is clear aligners.
Adults often prefer clear aligners as their orthodontic treatment option because of their modest design. These aligners are commonly referred to as “invisible aligners”. Similar to a mouthguard, these aligners are clear and customised to fit comfortably on your teeth. The clear aligners are removable, and the procedure involves wearing a series of custom-fit aligners.
7 Amazing Benefits Of
Compared to traditional braces, clear aligners are more comfortable. Since the material is smooth and slightly flexible, the clear aligners are free of the risk of cuts from metal wires and brackets.
They are removable
You can remove your clear aligners when eating since they are removable and enjoy your favourite meal without the worry of food getting stuck between brackets.
It can correct your bite problems
A "poor bite" happens when your jaws are not properly aligned with one another. The medical word for misalignment of the teeth or jaws is malocclusion. The American Dental Association mentions tooth decay, tooth loss, and jaw joint issues as some of the potential dental health consequences of malocclusion.
There are no dietary restrictions.
The wires and brackets of traditional braces limit the types of foods you can eat to avoid breaking the brackets and wires. Clear aligners won't affect your diet since you'll remove them before eating and store them in a clean case.
Orthodontic treatment is not something to be ashamed of, yet many people choose not to wear traditional braces because of their visible presence. Clear aligners aren't completely invisible, but they're so subtle that most people won't notice you have them on. This is also one of the reasons why clear aligners are recommended for those who speak in public regularly, such as models.
Easier to keep your teeth clean
Wearing traditional metal braces involves wearing metal brackets attached to archwires. These dental appliances can make brushing and flossing difficult, and they also prevent teeth whitening until after orthodontic treatment is completed. Orthodontic treatment has never been easier thanks to clear aligners! Since they are removable, you can generally brush your teeth and floss without a barrier between each tooth.
It improves oral health
Once your teeth are straightened, you will notice a positive impact on your oral health. Having straight teeth makes brushing and flossing easier. You'll be able to reach every area of your teeth, so you won't have to worry about plaque building up.
Why Choose Piara Waters Dental For Clear Aligner Treatment
FAQ’s About Clear Aligners
The signs that you might need clear aligners differ based on your age and overall oral health. The following are some signs that you may need aligners:
- Lower front teeth are close to upper front teeth.
- The upper front teeth extend beyond the lower teeth.
- The upper and lower jaws are misaligned.
- Excessive spacing issue between teeth.
- The teeth on top and bottom do not meet.
- Crooked teeth.
- If you chew food, you may feel discomfort or fatigue in your jawline.
- Having trouble flossing and brushing between crowded teeth.
The bands are used to apply increasing pressure to certain teeth, as well as to adjust your bite and for minor tooth movement. It’s all part of how teeth-straightening aligners like Invisalign work.
Your dentist will provide a set of trays to help you gently move your teeth. Each tray is usually good for a week or two. It is recommended that you wear your trays for twenty-two to twenty-four hours per day and remove them only for meals.
Remember that there is a difference between cleaning and rinsing. Although rinsing your aligners may make them appear cleaner, it does nothing to remove the invisible bacteria that can accumulate. You should maintain proper oral hygiene habits not only throughout your treatment but also at all times.
- You should always rinse your aligners with water at night.
- Make sure any debris or food particles in your aligners are removed by brushing them with a soft, bristled toothbrush (not the toothbrush you normally use for brushing your teeth).
- After brushing your teeth, rinse them well.
- When not in use, store them in a protective case.
You can ask your dentist for any cleaning tools and products that they can recommend to help you keep your aligners clean and bacteria-free.
The time frame of your treatment is determined by several factors, including the complexity of your orthodontic problem.
Aligners can fix basic cases for as little as six months. It can correct your teeth in as little as 12 to 18 months. For more complex cases, like crowded teeth, the treatment time could be twenty-four months or longer.
The main purpose of orthodontics is to address and fix the misaligned teeth to improve the bite and also improve both function and cosmetic issues.
However, in many cases, both options are available, allowing you to choose what you prefer and what best fits your lifestyle.
Clear aligners are made of plastic and are custom-made to fit your teeth. Each aligner brings the teeth closer to their ideal position. To allow the aligner to hold the teeth and move them properly, a small amount of composite resin (tooth-colored filling material) is attached to them.
- Aligners are less obvious than braces because they are clear and customised for your teeth. For some individuals, this can be an important factor.With braces, eating some foods can be difficult, and breakage can cause additional treatment visits and treatment delays. Clear aligners do not have brackets, so there is no restriction on what you may consume.
- Since the dentist has preplanned the tooth movement, the actual visit to the clinic is usually easier and, in some cases, shorter. Anyone who leads a busy lifestyle can greatly benefit from this!
- Regular braces generally aren’t as comfortable as aligners. Since plastic aligners are smoother than metal or porcelain braces, the lips and cheeks are less irritated as the teeth shift. This is especially helpful for athletes.
- Some people also may find it inconvenient to remove the aligners.
- A successful outcome requires compliance. Aligners must be worn for 22 hours a day.
- Orthodontists treat most orthodontic issues, but not all of them. If you have more complicated orthodontic issues, braces may be recommended instead of aligners.
Metal braces are made of metal or porcelain and are bonded to your teeth. Metal wires and rubber bands are then used to provide force to the teeth, causing them to move into the right position.
- Any type of misalignment or bite issue can be corrected using braces. Hence, braces are always an option.
- You can choose from different types of braces. The most discrete type is porcelain braces.
- Since they are permanently attached to your teeth, they cannot be lost or misplaced. This can help certain people who aren’t internally motivated to wear aligners properly.
- Cleaning teeth with braces is even more difficult than with aligners. Improper cleaning could result in serious tooth damage. It may result in the early removal of braces, affecting the final result.
- Braces need diet adjustments. Chewy or hard meals may cause breakage, slowing or delaying treatment. A poor diet along with poor oral hygiene can have significant consequences.
- Braces can cause discomfort because they might irritate the cheeks and lips. This affects some patients more than others and is commonly a problem in certain sports and hobbies.
- Aligners are less noticeable than braces (even porcelain ones). This may be an important factor depending on your employment, hobbies, and personality.
- Regular dental visits are required for adjustments and cleaning.